As a member of Partner Colorado, regardless of your credit score, you may be eligible for one of three Credit Builder borrowing options to help establish or repair your credit:
- Credit Builder Auto Loan
- Credit Builder Share Secured Loan
- Credit Builder Share Secured Visa® Credit Card
Credit Builder Auto Loans
Loans range from $5,000 to $20,000 with up to 60 months to repay. Loan approval requires either a co-signer or PassTime device installed in the vehicle. If you choose to have a co-signer, your credit score or current indebtedness will not be considered, but your co-signer must show the ability to repay the loan on his or her own. The Credit Builder Auto Loan offers:
- Repayment terms up to 60 months
- Rate is 1% APR higher than the current rate on our First-Time Buyer Loan
- Loan is secured-using the vehicle as collateral
Automatic Payments Are Key
Credit Builder Loans require automatic payments as a method to help you manage your monthly budget. This is important, as well, in both building your credit and establishing and/or raising your credit score. With your on-time payment history reported to all three major credit bureaus, you will immediately begin improving your credit score automatically!
To apply for any Credit Builder Loan, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of Partner Colorado Credit Union
- Have a Partner Colorado checking account in good standing for 12 months or more
- Submit a letter to us explaining the reason for your loan request
- Have only one "life event" issue with credit
- Provide proof of income that shows your ability to repay your loan
- Agree to set up automatic loan payments from either a Partner Colorado account or another financial institution
- You must not have caused any checking or loan losses to Partner Colorado
Free Credit and Financial Wellness Counseling
Financial counseling is a vital part of our Partners in Financial Wellness program. We joined forces with GreenPath, Inc., a non-profit, financial wellness organization that provides support and education for everyone, regardless of where you are in your life. A GreenPath Financial Wellness Expert will work with you to review your financial situation and develop a personalized plan to meet your needs and circumstances. Most services are available free to Partner Colorado members.
- Debt Counseling
- Debt Management
- Housing Services
- Student Loan Counseling
- Credit Report Review
- Financial Education
- Bankruptcy Counseling
To learn more, visit www.greenpath.com or call 877.337.3399. Be sure to let them know you're a Partner Colorado member!
Check out our blog to learn more about how you can prepare yourself for the costs that come with buying a car.