When your checking balance runs low, we may be able to help you.
It's OK. Anyone can have an oversight.
Our standard procedure
If you overdraw your checking balance, we'll often cover your payment so that you're not hit with hefty fee from the merchant.
Opt in for extra protection
Courtesy Pay covers check and automated bill payments, but not ATM and everyday debit card transactions - unless you tell us to.
Yes, there's a charge
We assess a fee of up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
Here are the details regarding Partner Colorado Credit Union overdraft policies
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your checking account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection options, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
We authorize Overdraft/Courtesy Pay for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number.
- Automatic bill payments (ACH).
We do not authorize and pay Overdrafts/Courtesy Pay for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions.
- Everyday debit card transactions.
- We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
Under our standard Overdraft/Courtesy Pay practices:
- We charge a fee of up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Courtesy Pay/Overdraft will activate only when a negative balance of $5 has been exceeded.
- A maximum of 10 Courtesy Pay/Overdraft fees will be assessed per day.
By agreeing to have overdrafts paid by Partner Colorado, you acknowledge that you have the right to revoke or change your election at any time. The change request must be provided in writing.
- Use Online Banking and our Mobile Banking App to keep track of balances in real time so you always know how much is available
- Apply for an overdraft line of credit you can use as financial backup
- Explore our easy-to-use calculators that help you create and stick to a budget
Make use of My Financial Partner, our helpful personal financial management tool within Online Banking
Need to know more?
To request additional information on Courtesy Pay/Overdraft coverage call 303.422.6221, text us at 303.900.1102 or chat with us online.
Overdraft Line of Credit
When an oversight leads to an overdraft, this coverage kicks in.
- Financial safety net
- Coverage up to $25,000
- Fixed interest rate
Order Checks Online
Time to reorder checks? We make it easy.
- When you need more checks for your Partner Colorado Credit Union account, just follow the link above to reorder from our preferred provider, Harland Clarke.